[time-nuts] time-nuts Archives

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat May 11 16:02:17 EDT 2013

iwernewook at gmail.com said:
> but I couldn't find the email archives.

When you joined the list, it sent you a welcome-message with a link to
The second full sentence on that web page has a link to the archives.

If you look at the headers of any message to the list, you will find a bunch
of stuff like this:

        <mailto:time-nuts-request at febo.com?subject=subscribe>

The List-Archive URL will get you to the archives.  They are batched by month
so it isn't easy to search the whole pile.  It is easy to follow a discussion
once you find it.  Beware, a thread gets broken into several threads if the
In-Reply-To header isn't supplied so you have to scan the top level.

You could download everything and search locally.  Fortunately, there is an
easier way.  Google will search for you.  Just add >site:febo.com< to your
search terms.  (I'm using >< as quote marks.  They aren't part of the search.)

--------

That same pattern works for many email-lists.  You should probably get in the
habit of saving the welcome messages.  They (generally) have everything you
need.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.