[time-nuts] 10Mhz Sine from Square Wave Synthesizer

Andy Bardagjy andy at bardagjy.com
Mon May 20 14:12:21 EDT 2013

Alright, so it seems that it's possible the Symmetricom SA.22c that I've
got might be set to 9.8304MHz. That may be programmable to 10MHz, but it
might require a DDS otherwise.

Nevertheless, if the oscillator is set to 10MHz it seems the consensus is
to construct a LPF.

Luciano, thank you for sharing your design, did you wind your own
inductors? Odd values.. Typically when designing filters I start  by fixing
the inductor values and work backwards...

John, thanks for your input, you reminded me that LFP performance often
depends on source impedance. To the MMIC amplifier, you'd be amazed what
you can do with an opamp these days. I was amazed reading the datasheet for
the LTC6409 a 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/sqrt(hz) fully differential opamp. With a
gain of one, the frequency response is totally flat out to 1GHz.

http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/6409fa.pdf

Perhaps something like a LT6600-15 might be a complete solution for me -
it's a fully differential amplifier with a 15Mhz 4 pole LPF.

http://www.linear.com/product/LT6600-15

Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my project's
progress.

Andy Bardagjy
bardagjy.com

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Luciano Paramithiotti <timeok.it at gmail.com