[time-nuts] PICAXE, anyone? - [was: Good (cheap) PIC]

Graham planophore at aei.ca
Tue May 28 05:53:30 EDT 2013

Flemming,

Chris's suggestion is a good one one how to get started - sort of a
crawl, walk, run approach.

The M2 parts are pretty slick and have many features. There is an online
forum which is a quite useful resource with many knowledgeable and
helpful members. If you have not already found it:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/forum.php?s=5db4d3e124a74d4d98de23e442e3d3ab

also to consider is the Coridium Arm BASIC Chip, 50 Mhz ARM M0 32-bit
CPU, with internal 12Mhz oscillator, IEEE 754 floating point support,
programmed in compiled BASIC.

http://www.coridiumcorp.com/prod-specs1.html

User development tool is a Windows based interface. Unfortunately LINUX
support is lagging but improving.

These discussions have been very interesting. It is interesting to see
the many different points of view on the subject. Unlike the good old
days when you had the choice of the 1802, 6502, 6800 family, or the 8080
family, there are so many different devices ranging from the very small
the very large that it is sometimes difficult to just pick a point and
get started without being sidetracked when something else perhaps a bit
more shiny comes along.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

__