[time-nuts] Morion MV89 and LTC6957

HagaaarTheHorrible hagaaar587plus7 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:27:21 EST 2013

Hello there,

I'm trying to build a low phase noise signal generator with a Morion MV89 OCXO. ( http://www.morion.com.ru/catalog_pdf/MV89-OCXO.pdf )
The 10 MHz Sine coming from the MV89 shall be converted to a 10 MHz rectangle with the LTC6957-3 ( http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/6957f.pdf ).
Since the information in the MV89's data sheet is rather thin and shipping is taking a lot longer than expected/promised, I thought I'd ask if someone here has any experience with it and maybe can answer some questions I have...

1. Does anyone know if the MV89 is internally AC coupled / if the Output Sine has an Offset?

2. I'm not sure if termination is needed in this case or which way to terminate would be best for a low phase noise/low jitter application. Can anyone give me some hints to what would be important?

Thanks a lot!