[time-nuts] Use of Trimble Thunderbolt for GPS clock time source?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:51:15 EST 2013

Yes it is easy to set up.  The Thunderbolt users the "Palisade" NTP
reference clock driver.
Then of course NTP will keep all your systems running on the same time.

It sounds like maybe you were going to invent your own network based time
sync system?  Don't do that.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Bob Burchett EE <
Bob.Burchett at eeontheweb.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if the Serial DB-9 port on a T-Bolt can provide us with GPS
> clock time for a dual purpose? We use the 10 MHz now to create a TCXO
> replacement in a VHF radio (makes for good simulcast clock lock so they are
> all on channel) but now we need to synchronize the rest of the system using
> store-and-forward of our TCP packets and make everything on time.  That
> needs real GPS clock time and we don't want to buy another GPS RX for each
> location.  Can we get both signals from one T-Bolt?
>

> Robert L. "Bob" Burchett WB6SLC
>
> 22826 Mariposa Ave.
>
> Torrance CA 90502
>
> Direct line: 310.534.4456