[time-nuts] 3GHZ Extender for HP 53131A and 53132A

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Nov 8 20:38:54 EST 2013

hmurray at megapathdsl.net writes:

richard at karlquist.com said:
> This high sensitivity is  probably a bad thing, not a good thing. It is
> indicative of a dynamic  divider.  For a frequency counter prescaler, you
> want a static  divider, such as the HP5386 used. Dynamic dividers make
errors
> if the  signal being measured has a broadband noise floor or sufficiently
> high  spurs at any frequency.

What do static and dynamic mean in that  context?  Is it the same as DRAM
vs
SRAM?  If so, I don't see  any obvious way that translates into one works
and
the other  doesn't.
I wondered that.....

cc.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jrilee/course/COMMIC08/CommIC_07.pdf

The MB510 looks to be a series of flip-flops so presumably would be
classified as a static divider?

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR