[time-nuts] linux-gpib working on a RasPI

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Nov 12 00:35:38 EST 2013

I've got a question for you Hal.  We can take it offline if it's more than a response or two.  I opened two sockets to the adapter in one program and found the same socket id.  OK, that tells me that I have to address each device before sending commands to it, rather than having a separate socket id.  And it makes sense.  But how does it work when I have multiple programs wanting to access different devices?  Am I doing to need to put some lock code in so that the adapter is globally locked to one program while it sending or receiving to/from a device to prevent the two programs stepping on each other?  For example, I've got 2 counters and a voltmeter.  It's no stretch to think of two different tests, or even three using those instruments separately.

Bob