[time-nuts] Off-Topic Question -- German Composition Resistors

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 17:17:02 EST 2013

May be a bit of drift and reading back to front. Some years ago we bought a quantity of moulded carbon compostion resistors from a top US manufacturer. A sample check showed that none of them met the 10% tolerance. The maufacturer said "bake them for a day two"! The resistors then passed. Why not replace them with modert types you ask? Type approved equipment with the original designers long gone and the current type certificate holder unwilling or unable to approve the change. Welcome to the world of aviation where we are still supporting equipment designed 50 or more years ago.

Robert G8RPI.