[time-nuts] Isolation achieved by opamp based isoamp?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 24 08:50:29 EST 2013

Stephan,

On 11/21/2013 02:46 PM, Stephan Sandenbergh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious about the level of isolation that is achieved by an opamp based
> isoamp. I'm referring to ones described here on Bruce Griffiths' page:
> http://www.ko4bb.com/~bruce/IsolationAmplifiers.html
>
> Anyone has a number for this?
>
> I've tried googling it, but the results are mostly filled with the other
> kind of iso amplifier where isolation refers to galvanic isolation.
An interesting article is here

http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/498.pdf

The schematic shown does not disclose any components, but gives
topology. Should not be too hard to populate and dimension. Assume
2N3904 and 2N3906 in SMT packages.
SMT mounting improves isolation.

It refers to
[1] http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/90.pdf
[3] http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/971.pdf

Other interesting reads:
http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/967.pdf
http://tf.boulder.nist.gov/general/pdf/1139.pdf

I have not yet located the De Marchi article.

Cheers,
Magnus