[time-nuts] Crude Survey Technique

johncroos at aol.com johncroos at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 12:36:01 EST 2013

When I asked about "Crude Survey Techniques" I never expected results much better than the 10 ft accuracy someone volunteered from the first. In a former life I ran an engineering department that worked on the old FAA SCAT-1 DGPS landing project, where I did learn a bit about GPS and its limitations for L1 positioning. Thus the title "Crude   "

I realize that any number to the right of the 5th decimal point reported by T-Bolt mon is likely bogus. The data I reported earlier pretty much supports that. Now I am running tests with 3 units set for 10K, 20K, and 40K fixes to see how long each takes and to compare results obtained. In any case using a 400 to 600 ft base line between fixes should establish my north- south line. The I will check it with compass(crude) and the sun shadow method.

All comments and contributions most appreciated   - john k6iql