[time-nuts] Man killed in quartz crystal accident

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Nov 26 09:29:58 EST 2013

It's a matter of perception of risk.

Opponents of nuclear power have successfully propagandized risks out of
all proportion compared to other risks.

There are many more rational things to worry about, including a rogue
state or terror group acquiring CW, BW. And, CW and BW are much easier to
make/get than nuclear stuff. If you can brew beer, you can make crude BW
agents. Furthermore BW spreads by itself.

The world has not really seen a serious BW incident AFAIK, but antibiotic
resistant strains are rampant in US healthcare. A serious BW attack would
make those issues seem trivial.

Furthermore, nuclear materials can be detected pretty easily. AFAIK, there
are no readily available detectors for virii or bacteria.

Scientists do nobody any favors by overblowing some risks to fit their
political agenda.

-John