[time-nuts] A readl atomic wristwatch

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:02:54 EDT 2013

On 1 October 2013 23:59,  <SAIDJACK at aol.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> there is only one problem: there is just no way they can claim only 1
> second error in a 1000 years unless they also have a GPS receiver for
> calibration in there, which kind of mutes the point as that has been done using  wwvb
> etc. Let's do the math:

It would be interesting to buy one on on a credit card. Have it for 9
months, and show it does not meet its spec, and the spec was
exagerated. The office of fair trading in the UK would take a very dim
view of that.

Whilst technically interesting, it is hard to see any real practical
use as a watch. I guess it might impress some people at a party,
although that might be short-lived if someone else at the party could
prove the spec is exagerated.

Dave