[time-nuts] GPSDO choices

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Mon Oct 7 17:59:16 EDT 2013

Paul,

I can speak for a few of us over in the OpenHPSDR group that are also
'time-nuts'  - We have the GPSTCXO eval kit that Said is speaking of and we
have been very satisfied.
It is a great fit for what we're doing.  We are working on a new board now
that is near completion that can either have the GPSTXCO module or the
LC_XO module - and if you want to use both at the same time I suppose you
can do that too if you're careful.  ;)  (The new board can be used in a
standalone mode or can be connected to the HPSDR backplane we call the
Atlas bus - a mini-VME like chassis connector.)

I did recently get an LC_XO unit as well and have looked at that with
GPSCon, my scope, etc. - performs (I think) identically to the GPSTCXO plus
a few other features.  I think some of the people in this group have plots
they can share with you.

Don't be fooled by the name of this group - the 'real experts' are here.
 Don't be bashful about asking them questions.  I am a neophyte in this
area but I am fascinated by what this group is about plus how the GPS birds
(satellites) work.

73's (Best Regards),
John Westmoreland
AJ6BC (Call sign)