[time-nuts] ***SPAM*** How hard is it to detect a GPS Jammer?

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Mon Oct 7 19:51:05 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 09:59:50PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> Suppose I lived near a major highway.  Could I build a receiver that would
> count jammers driving by?  Could I track them (at least somewhat) with a
> directional antenna on a rotator?

	I would think this would be a natural task for one of the SDR
setups like the USRP and gnuradio... and using the more sophisticated
MIMO versions of the USRP and a suitable DF antenna array of GPS
antennas you could use correlation interferometry to get a pretty good
bearing on a passing jammer (no mechanical rotating antenna needed).
Use a couple of these in a suitable relationship to the road and you
probably could locate the vehicle in question and capture video of it.

	Might be some quite interesting statistics near an interstate
with heavy truck traffic.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in