[time-nuts] HP 5061A problem

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Wed Oct 9 18:49:34 EDT 2013

Corby,

yes, the green light comes on, but when I turn the osc. fine control by
more than +/- 30, it goes off.
The output frequency changes with the fine adjust, so that narrow range
appears more like a pseudo lock indication. I can even unplug A8P6 and
the green light is still on.
Output from the phase detector is there, but the oscillator control
instrument doesn't show any significant move.

The 2nd harmonic meter reading is near full scale.

I'm suspecting a problem with the OP Amp. It does not work as described
in the functional test.
And, when I apply DC to the input at A8P6, the control voltage shows
only a small jump and goes slowly back to the initial value. That's not
exactly what I expect from an integrator.

Adrian