[time-nuts] Choke Ring Antenna - Patch Placement?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Oct 10 20:03:14 EDT 2013

Hi

I think it's safe to say that gain and directivity are pretty closely tied in this case.

An ideal GPS antenna would not have a lot of gain straight overhead. You have less atmospheric loss in that direction. What you would want is an antenna that has some gain at 30 to 60 degrees. That was the issue with the helix antennas. They have gain straight up (and thus less at other angles).

Bob