[time-nuts] Trimble TB replacement options???

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Oct 12 07:51:44 EDT 2013

Hi

All of these gizmos come on the market cheap when they are being scrapped out. Once that process is over for a generation of parts, the pieces climb. There are only a few working strategies:

1) Buy several when they first come out.
2) Pay the going rate many years later.
3) Switch to other gizmos with other cost / feature tradeoffs.

In this case the likely tradeoff is to one of the Nortel / Trimble units or to one of the later HP boxes. The Nortel / Trimbles are in the sub $150 price range delivered. The later HP's are a bit more expensive. The Nortel / Trimble's come mainly from RDR Electronics on the e-place. The HP's come from the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

One other option - before I'd pay $300 for a possibly broken TBolt (I've got a few of those), I'd do an email to find out what a brand new GPSDO (with warranty) from Jackson Labs would cost me.

Bob