[time-nuts] Trimble replacement part-2

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Sun Oct 13 19:01:17 EDT 2013

"...To *know* that the frequency is correct you still need an external high accuracy reference to compare to. The gizmo's main spec is not going to be ADEV. ADEV won't tell you what the actual frequency is.

Bob"

That's what I've finally figured out.  It looks like the LN CSAC GPSDO may fit the bill, but at what price?  Most likely beyond what I am willing (or even able) to spend.  It would be nice to see a price list from JL.

BTW my NTBW50AA osc ppt has never settled down. It varies around 400ppt.  I just wonder if I don't have too many leaves/trees around here?  I'm tempted to take the unit to a place where it's clear to the sky in all directions and see what it does.  It may be telling.

Dave