[time-nuts] Time stamping with a PICPET

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 28 16:09:18 EDT 2013

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> The network limits time transfer accuracy to around one millisecond at best
> so it dose not good to use schemes better than #1.

Nonsense.

I agree with your general point that the timing from an interrupt has been
good enough for NTP, but statements like the above are way off.  Modern gear
on a LAN can do much better than 1 ms.  I get under 0.2 ms ping times.  Even
going through a WiFi hop is mostly under 1 ms.

Yes, that's a lightly loaded LAN and all the PCs are mostly idle.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.