[time-nuts] Datum / Efratom MFTD Distribution units?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Sun Sep 1 18:34:25 EDT 2013

Does anyone have any details, schematics etc., on these units?  I have
two racks with various modules, both set up for multiple 5 MHz and 1 PPS
distribution and would like to modify if possible to 10 MHz.

I have found two versions of the MBF RF output unit, one with series
tuned outputs as well as a 5 MHz MCL LPF inside, and the other with only
the LPF.  I have two versions of the input unit, one a BFI, the other a
BFM.  The BFM appears to do some 5 MHz filtering somehow, but I don't
see any obvious frequency determining components...

If anyone has done any investigation of these, I'd be glad to hear what
the results were!

Dan