[time-nuts] New Member

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Mon Sep 2 19:53:30 EDT 2013

New guy here, old to radio.  Just purchased a Nortel NTBW50AA and antenna from the guy in CO for what I thought was a good price.  All I'm interested in is a solid 10MHz signal to lock things in the shack to.  Recently purchased a XRef-VS from VK3HZ, haven't gotten either yet.  Also have a LPRO that I've had for a while, but the only think I could lock with it is my Motorola Service Monitor, which helps some.  Plan is to lock the TS-2000 to the GPSDO and also check the LPRO.

I may have questions if things don't work, but I've got the LH and the trimble mon also.  It'll probably be later this week before I get anything.

Are there any secrets anyone would care to share about the NTBW30AA?  Apparently all it needs is +24 or -48 VDC.  Anyone know of a little switched supply that will work?  Otherwise I have a large 5A 35V transformer and an LM338T.  Not sure I need the regulator.

Later
Dave
N3DT