[time-nuts] Caring for the elderly (OCXO) follow-up

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Sep 4 15:09:28 EDT 2013

When I bought this elderly 34310-T, the seller (in China) said the midpoint EFC was about 4 volts.  When I installed it, it was actually just under 3, which was a bit of a surprise.  Just before my frequency glitch/drop, it was just a bit above 2.94.  Now, the midpoint is just above 2.90.  This thing gets a LOT of power cycles, as I swap each newly changed PIC into the PLL.  I've noticed it go lower by a bit more than a millivolt over the past few days.  Could these power cycles have something to do with the midpoint heading lower, or is this just a random direction/random movement?  I will note that the VRef output on this oscillator is just below 6 Volts, if that means anything.  Just trying to understand anything that's understandable about this.

Bob - AE6RV