[time-nuts] GPS outage?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Sep 5 07:08:44 EDT 2013

Hi

Ok, I'll also mention that I haven't heard of any major volcanic eruptions in the north eastern US. GPS outages would not make it on the news if there was a major Volcano doing it's thing outside Cleveland ….

If a sat went down, and did so in a pathogenic fashion, you would have an issue world wide. To keep the problem local, some sort of local jamming is about the only thing that could do it. To take out an area like New England all at once you would need a fairly high flying platform with a fairly powerful transmitter.

Bob