[time-nuts] Raw GPS signal samples

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Fri Sep 6 09:04:32 EDT 2013

I prefer to lug around my trusty old 5335A for the general bench work.
Actually, I noticed the darn (5335a's) have been breeding in the store room, there is 7 of them there now!
I wouldn't guarantee the Cal or if they work even though!

Funnily enough, I have just kicked a 5334B out of the workshop today.
Not because I seem to be accumulating counters like I am a frequency counter magnet or something but because I absolutely hate using it.
It is like the early HP scope interfaces, ya just hate using the darn thing.

The 5316A has a straightforward, easy to use interface.
>From memory there is even GPIB and OCXO reference options so you could do worse than that.
Yeah cash, it's becoming a problem for us all here too I am afraid.

You need to let us into the picture on what you will be using your counter for?
If Cash is tight best to make it right choice first time, unless you get sold a lemon!
Most of us can fix HP counters in our sleep by now, so plenty here can help you out.

If you are thinking of getting into time nuttery and don't have a few spare bullion bars, give up now while you are still ahead ;)

--marki