[time-nuts] GPS outage?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 7 10:15:58 EDT 2013

On 9/6/13 8:36 PM, John C. Westmoreland, P.E. wrote:
> Fellow Time Nuts:
>
> Is this a site to be trusted?:
>
> http://adn.agi.com/SatelliteOutageCalendar/SOFCalendar.aspx
>
> Regards,
> John W.

AGI are the folks who make and sell STK (Satellite Took Kit, I believe)
which has a dominant position in the marketplace for doing analyses of
satellite orbits, visibility, planning, etc.  They have all sorts of
hooks for their product: antenna patterns, link calculations, etc.

I prefer SOAP (Satellite Orbit Analysis Program) from Aerospace
Corporation (free for government use, maybe even for non-profits), but
STK is a much, much bigger commercial player.

Both products have fairly steep learning curves.