[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Sep 8 04:08:44 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

Just taking a short break from a major data recovery exercise to add a
couple of comments to the replies you've already received.

The part number for the DC to DC convertor should be written on the side of
 it, although it might be awkward to see if facing the inside of the case.
On my uncased Ebay boards from fluke.l it's visible as being a Datel
TBP-5/5-12/1-Q48 so I suspect yours will be very similar. Google that number to
bring up a datasheet.
If yours is the same it will handle an input range of 18 to 72 volts, 19.5
via the diode block would have been low but 30 is fine and 48 would be
better,  as has already been noted the convertor input current is based on the
total  output power, which is pretty much independant of input voltage, so
the higher  the input voltage the lower the input current.

The generic manual set for the Trimble Nortel boards is in Didier's manuals
 collection....
_http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=05%29_GPS_Timing/Nortel_GPS_
(http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=05)_GPS_Timing/Nortel_GPS)

The Nortel GPSTM General Specification document will give more information
on the current requirements but you should allow for approximately 75 watts
 input power during oscillator warm up and 22 Watts when settled.

The longer the board is left up and running the better, permanently powered
 is best for long term performance, and especially the first time round
whilst it sorts out its new location.
The location is stored automatically to the board, either by the board
itself or under instruction from Lady Heather not sure which, but as your
posted  LH plot shows your position has now been stored. With the position stored
I've  found the time for acquisition and oscillator locking can be as
little as 10  minutes.

Further to Mark's comment about the backplane connector, the manual also
shows the pinout data for that and I don't see any reference to 1PPS.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR