[time-nuts] 82357B GPIB USB from China

cfo xnews3 at luna.dyndns.dk
Tue Sep 10 14:19:09 EDT 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:06:11 -0400, paul swed wrote:

> I am very curious to see if anyone has used one of these $95 wonders.
> I know the prologixs work from older time-nut posts.
> Regards Paul.

I'm currently playing around with a Beiming GPIB adapter under linux-gpib.
I'm using the SVN version , and i haven't detected any problems yet...
http://tinyurl.com/prncq7w

I have 2 firmware types , an i2c eeprom image , and an uploadable
firmware (like the real Agilent).

My tests haven't been extensive ..
Some manual command entering via the linux-gpib test program , a bit of
python via the linux-gpib bindings, and trying out gpib-utils on my HP
34401a.

I haven't done any binary xfer's yet , but i know Beiming is working on
testing that.

Beiming claims to have Visa compability under Windows, and aims for the
same under linux.

CFO