[time-nuts] My FE-5680A Came In Today

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Sep 17 18:21:10 EDT 2013

My FE-5680A Rb standard came in today.  After the usual inspections etc, I fired it up and I have the purple haze.  The native output is 8.38860798/9 (last digit jitter) as read on my 5335A using my GPSDO as an external standard.  I've got a ways to go before it's all setup, but this is looking good.  Does it warmup and change frequency at all, or can I retune it to 10MHz and use it as a reference without any further ado?

Can someone tell me what type of socket that is where you tap off the RF?  It looks sort of like a uFL connector, but a bit bigger.  I'd rather avoid hacking and soldering on this if I can.

Bob - AE6RV