[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Sep 18 17:53:29 EDT 2013

Hi

1) Have you done a 3 day long survey at any of the locations? You need to do that to get the errors down.
2) Fiddling with the gain and filter settings on a NTBW50 isn't useful. The unit does *not* work the same way as a TBolt. Just leave them alone.
3) Because of the way the uint works there is *no* way to translate the LH display to frequency stability.
4) The OCXO in that unit is at least as good as a typical MV89. Since you have no way to "tune" the unit, replacing the OCXO is not a good idea. Also you may have to buy (and run long term ADEV tests on) a dozen MV89's before you get a "good" one.

If you want to check the *stability* of the GSPDO, get a cheap Rb. That's the *only* way to know what's going on. There is no display / measurement / technique that will answer the question looking at the GPSDO alone.

Bob