[time-nuts] Doppler and FMT

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Sep 19 20:35:19 EDT 2013

Hi

As with most complex questions the real answer is "that depends" …

Blind averaging will indeed get you in trouble. Curve fitting (a straight line is a simple one) often is the better approach to phase data. You can get an "averaging like" improvement (square root of the number of samples). You need to use a technique that fits the data and the noise you have on the data.

Bob