[time-nuts] Cesium 133 on kickstarter

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Apr 10 12:41:48 EDT 2014

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:43:13 -0400
Ronald Held <ronaldheld at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am curious what people think of this watch at least from the time-nut POV.

Considering that they are not the first, but at least the third with
that idea (see archives for other CSAC wrist watches).

But seriously, a modern, temperature compensated quartz watch goes better
than +/-10s in half a year (about 1ppm), which is already about as good as you
need for a wrist watch. Any better is just unnecessary overengineering.
Of course, it's a different matter if you like to show of to your peers.

Other than that, i probably would buy a CSAC and put it into some equipment
instead. :-)

			Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous