[time-nuts] First success with very simple, very low cost GPSDO, under $8

KD0GLS kd0gls at mninter.net
Thu Apr 10 12:52:59 EDT 2014

In my case, the cold-start frequency of my OCXO with EFC at midpoint was off sufficiently far that I needed a minimum number of remainder bits to know which way to initially steer it. Don't recall the exact number I needed, but it was more than eight at 10 MHz. Like this design, I had 16 bits to work with, which gave me a usable range.