[time-nuts] First success with very simple, very low cost GPSDO

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Apr 10 17:32:29 EDT 2014

kd0gls at mninter.net said:
> Precisely my point. My oscillator's tuning range and the timer frequency and
> the sampling interval dictated the minimum number of timer bits needed. In
> my case, as I recall, eight was not enough. Once locked, yes, but not
> initially.

I googled for >TCXO tuning-range< and looked at a few data sheets.  Several
had a tuning range under 10 ppm and a few were over, up to 20 ppm.

What type of oscillator are you using?  Relative to half-way, where does it
settle out?

Is the problem really tuning range?  I wouldn't be surprised with a
stability/capture issue.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.