[time-nuts] First success with very simple GPSDO

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 11 17:51:10 EDT 2014

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> 2) then switch to a mode where we look only at the last few bits of the
> counter.   I think this will actually perform better than mode #1 above
> because there is zero chance of the two interrupts happening at the same
> time causing your PPS sample to be delayed because you had interrupts
> disabled while counting an overflow.

If you use the capture register, you don't have to worry about timing quirks
due to interrupts.

Unless the CPU is doing something complicated (like serving web pages), you
can do the whole thing without any interrupts.  Just use a polling loop that
checks the ready-now? status for all the things the CPU has to do.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.