[time-nuts] Measuring the accurcy of a wrist watch

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:32:23 EDT 2014

    I have a Timex watch that's probably seven or eight years old. It has an
LCD readout. The buttons haven't worked in years. It looses about one second
every three or four months. I have to take out the four microscopic screws
in the back to get into it to set it. The only reason I hang onto it is that
is the most accurate watch I've ever owned.

    Is there some way to detect its internal frequency inductively? In the
past I have used old relay coils as inductive pickups with success, but
never with a watch.

Al