[time-nuts] Symmetricom chip scale atomic clock

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Apr 25 07:09:54 EDT 2014

Hi

If you go back to the original EMXO work done by PTI and Bendix - they had a very similar issue with seals. They worked fine, ran through all the testing, met all the mil spec testing. After sitting on aging for months / years the seal would go “pop” (a nice loud pop) and the vacuum when away. This sort of thing does happen even when all the T’s have been crossed and every last i is dotted.

Bob