[time-nuts] VLF Phase-tracking receivers.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Aug 9 17:55:02 EDT 2014

Hello, I'm new here, but would like to get some advice, if possible.

I have been going through my inventory here of items which were given to
me in an estate some time ago.

Amongst many other things, I find three Tracor or Textran 599 receivers.
One 599-CS with its manual, a 599 (no suffix) and one labeled R-1086/URR,
which is very obviously another 599. I have no manual for either of the last
two.

I also have an RMS Engineering of Atlanta, GA Model 1312 receiver, but the
manuals (2) I have are for an RMS Engineering model 1310/1311.

So my questions:

1) Are the Tracor/Textran 599s worth anything other than parts? and

2) Is there a manual available somewhere for the RMS Engineering Model
1312?

3) Is the 1312 worth anything to anyone these days?

>From the manuals I have on the 599 models, I am quite impressed with their
specifications.

I would think about using one or the other of them except that I no longer
have an extremely accurate 100 KHz signal source.

Thanks,

Ken Gordon W7EKB