[time-nuts] PRS10 Lamp Module Needed

Vasco Soares vesoares at deea.isel.ipl.pt
Wed Aug 13 10:49:56 EDT 2014

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware that the tantalum capacitor is on of the weak points of the RF
amplifer that excites the lamp. After testing the unit and using the
monitoring software available I found that the problem relies on that
specific part of the circuit. In fact the RF unit was burned like the
tantalum capacitor you are refering. Last year I rebuild that circuit
section interely with high quality components with good temperature
reliability replacing the RF transistor, porcelain capacitors and metal film
resistors. The lamp was heated up as well. The unit worked for about 6
months. Now I found again that the signal strenght received by the photocell
has droped below the acceptable value so there is no more I could do except
to send it back to SRS for lamp replacement...

Regards,
Vasco Soares