[time-nuts] Cutler NAA on 24.0kHz....

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:21:28 EDT 2014

Alex I have several of these and they worked well. The new BPSK modulation
does not allow any of the traditional phase tracking receivers to work.

Paul/Ziggy mentioned NAA as an alternate. Granted its not NIST traceable
thats not its function. But as it turns out the things I thought made the
signals useless are incorrect.
Several documents say that sometime around 1986 NAA started using a Cs
reference. The MSK appears to be reasonable to get around. Further more
information is available about the signals and propagation since many
universities and government units use the signals to study VLF propagation.
There is a fair amount of detail today.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL