[time-nuts] Ublox neo-7M GPS

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Thu Aug 21 14:52:57 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Tony <tnuts at toneh.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I just tried sending various TMODE and TMODE2 configuration messages to the
> NEO-7M. These allow you to select 'Disabled' 'Survey In' and 'Fixed Mode'
> where you can specify the receiver's lattitude and longitude. Not
> surprisingly, it replied with negative acknowledgements each time so they
> presumably aren't supported in this receiver.

Right, those are typically T version only commands.  It should be in
the documents as a note.  The earlier list of timing attributes left
out a critical one, being able to set your position to the accuracy of
the receiver.  While it's probably my poor anttenna siting the various
self-surveys (Tbolt, Res-T,  LEA-6T) I've done are all pretty poor.