[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz 3210 Cesium Standard

Chris syseng.greenfield at btconnect.com
Wed Aug 27 17:09:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

I recently bought an Oscilloquartz 3210 cesium standard and although it does
power up, it does not lock. All the parameters on the meter look
sensible, other
than the 2nd harmonic, #9 parameter, which shows zero. Quart oscillator
output
looks almost spot on in comparison with the lab Z3816. I have no info on
this
unit at all, so this may either be a dead tube, or other electronic fault on
one of the many pcb's in the system. Ion pump had a small reading on
power up,
but now dropped back to zero.

I am looking for a user guide for this unit, or even better, a manual
with theory
of operation and setup info. Can anyone help with this, or perhaps suggest a
source ?. Year of manufacture estimated 1984/85, from date code on ic's.

I notice that the tube is from FTS, the same construction as in the FTS
4060, but
different part number and wonder if this was original fitment, or has been
replaced at some stage...

Regards & Thanks

Chris Quayle

Oxford, England