[time-nuts] Time-Nuts Digests displays strange...

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Fri Aug 29 13:07:47 EDT 2014

At 11:24 AM 8/29/2014, Charles Steinmetz wrote:

>Burt wrote:
>
>>Starting with time-nuts Digest, Vol 121, Issue 70, all of the posts
>>in a digest are running together with no breaks between individual
>>posts, just one long paragraph.
>
>It's not just digests, I have the same problem since the list s/w
>change and I receive individual e-mails.  One thing we have in
>common is Eudora 7.1 running under 32-bit Windoze.  I mentioned it
>to John, but so far we

Eudora v7.1 here too, and I also see weird formatting problems from
time to time with the non-digest mail. Everything I've received from
time-nuts today has looked fine, so it's intermittent.

>haven't managed to come up with a solution.  At this point, I think
>it's safe to say that the new s/w does something different relating
>to carriage returns and line feeds that makes Eudora unhappy, but I
>have no idea what.  I wonder if the Mailman support folks have dealt with this.

I was going to play with the postfix "sendmail_fix_line_endings"
setting on my mail server to see if it would make a difference (by
fixing incoming mail), but that was added in v2.9 and I'm on an older
version. I wonder what version of postfix febo.com is running?

--
newell  N5TNL