[time-nuts] [hp_agilent_equipment] Re: Upgrade an HP 5342A microwave frequency counter to have an oven oscillator.

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:04:12 EST 2014

The 5342A counter and the 5345A counters both predate the 10811A and were originally fitted with 10544A oscillators for the option 1 high stability timebase

Once the 10811A was released the instruments were fitted with the 10811A as a production change going forward and service replacements were done using 10811A's

So in this case there is no need to overthink the oscillator choice for upgrading a 5342A counter.

 If the 10811A is an edge connector version it will fit and provide better performance than standard TCXO

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri