[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 RS-422 interface pinout

Graham planophore at aei.ca
Tue Dec 2 18:36:18 EST 2014

Thanks all for answering my question. I looked through old posting but
obviously didn't stumble upon Anthony's posting otherwise I would have
had my answer.

I made up a short cable to connect the Startech ICUSB422 to the KS-24361
J8 Diagnostic port and I can now connect. This is the final pinout:

Startech                   KS-24361
ICUSB422               J8 - Diagnostic
   1  TXD- --------------> RXD- 8
   6  NC
   7  NC
   8  NC
   9  NC

Seems RS-422 is a standard but pinouts vary. Live and learn.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc