[time-nuts] Z3805A: How to correct a 1024 week date error?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 21:46:57 EST 2014

On 3 Dec 2014 02:08, "James Robbins" <jsrobbins at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Brief update:
>
> This receiver (whatever it is) refuses to "forget" 1995 despite
un-powering, etc.  I will learn to live with it, I think.

You could report it to the seller as a fault. He must have quite a bit of
experience on these.

Another option would be to hack the ntp software so it gives out a correct
date, assuming that you can determine what the

> It was sold to me as a "Z3801A updated to 58503A ".
>
> However:
> 1.  The main board is labeled "Z3805A" (Not Z3801A) as are some of the
chips.

> 8.  It reports to the GPSCon program that it is a Z3801A!

I think you should contact the seller.  Let us know how he responds.  I
hear good and bad things about him. It is quite possible that there is a
team of people,  rather than one person, so maybe it varies a bit.

I have just bought an 58503A from him. This is not an upgraded one, but
should be a unmodified 58503A. I only bought it in the last few hours and
are awaiting the invoice.

I will let you know what that is like.

The term "upgraded" can be interpreted different ways. It doesn't mean it
has to be 100% identical in every way.

Dave