[time-nuts] Questionable question about the Lucent RFTGs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Dec 5 03:11:38 EST 2014

bill at iaxs.net said:
> Aren't these units vintage 2000?

The ROM/PAL stickers on mine say 9905 and 9914.

bill at iaxs.net said:
> The Motorola 68000 CPU was available in 1982

When did HP ship their first GPSDO?

Ahh.  I have a Z3801A that says:

"COPYRIGHT 1991-1995 MOTOROLA INC."
"SFTW P/N # 98-P39972M     "
"SOFTWARE VER # 8          "
"SOFTWARE REV # 4          "
"SOFTWARE DATE  13 JUL 1995"

A 68000 seems like a good choice to me.  It's probably overkill, but that's a
whole lot better than running out of CPU and/or the bugs associated with
trying to squeeze software that doesn't quite fit.

If I had working code, I probably wouldn't rock to boat to save a few
pennies.  How many of them did they ship?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.