[time-nuts] FYI: Galileo satellite recovered and transmitting navigation signals

"Björn Gabrielsson" bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 5 16:55:44 EST 2014

Hi Dick,

Its available for everyone. It will be as global as GPS. But currently
under a system test phase. Three working satellites, one of the first four
has some problems. Whats the status of that one now? Two new launched in
August experienced a faulty orbit injection.

   http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/satnav/galileo/index_en.htm

Should be more usable in a year or two. Will have performance much like
GPSIII.

--

    Björn