[time-nuts] Wenzel 100 MHz Oscillators (w/ EFC) available

John Miles john at miles.io
Fri Dec 5 17:54:48 EST 2014

> These would make great units for synthesizer and DDS projects.  I don't
> have the ability to measure the phase noise, but should be relatively good
> as they were used at microwave frequencies in their past life.
>
> I'm asking $50 each for them and $7 (any quantity) Priority Mail shipping
> to U.S. addresses only.  If you would like one (or more) please PayPal to
> paypal at rdrelectronics.com.  I have attached a picture of one unit with the
> pinout.

I have a few of the 500-6769 parts here, and measured a couple of them awhile back:
http://www.ke5fx.com/Wenzel_500_06769_PN.png

Not a bad price at all.  If a $2000 OCXO can achieve -140 dBc/Hz at 100 Hz and a $50 OCXO will do -117, that's almost 10 dB better than the expected 20*log10($2000 / $50) ratio. :)

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC