[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 13:33:23 EST 2014

Be careful you are touching on two subjects that can turn in to long
lasting discussions. Legal shipping will be very expensive and rebuilding tubes
has been looked at in the past but short of a sophisticated lab in Russia I
doubt it could be done, the real issue who would buy one people that need
Cesium  will pay the price for a new one and time nuts would not spend the
money for a  working rebuild tube. Where is the market?

In a message dated 12/6/2014 1:07:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk writes:

On 6 Dec 2014  17:58, "paul swed" <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well a  bad tube is a bad tube and thats been my story. Though for $125
how
>  can I complain. But for $999 plus $79 shipping no interest at all.
>  When the tubes used up its used up. Generally.
> Regards
>  Paul
> WB8TSL

I have never looked a tube, but what (if anything)  stops them being
rebuilt? I guess someone has tried it.

They want  almost $1000 to ship to me, although I suspect that they would
recalculate  and get a more realistic price.

It sounds like it is not worth  bothering  with.

Dave