[time-nuts] HP 5061Cs reference question

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 6 14:48:58 EST 2014

It's a challenge indeed. IF you are running on fumes, it will be harder
for the automatic locking to find first and second modulations, and if
it does this, it is much more likely to be the central pedestal as the
others will be even further down into the noise. The lack of the
fundamental tone will cause that FLL may fail to lock, since the sweep
signal can be too strongs, and if it does lock, it will be weak as the
loop gain will be off by the lack of signal and then naturally the S/N
will be problematic.

Not sure that it in itself will be the cause of systematically drifting
of the mark, but rather varying a lot around that mark.

Cheers,
Magnus